of Firearm Safety
1. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
2. Treat every firearm as though it were loaded.
3. Unload firearm, open action except when ready to shoot.
4. Keep barrel clear and choose proper ammunition for firearm.
5.Be sure of your target before you pull the trigger.
6. Never point a firearm at anything you don't want to shoot.
7. Never climb or jump with a loaded firearm.
8. Never shoot at a flat, hard surface or water.
9. Store firearms and ammunition separately.
10. Avoid alcohol and drugs before and during shooting.
It is the mission of the Missouri Hunter Education Instructors
Association to support and enhance the hunter education program
©2002-2014, Missouri Hunter Education
©The Web Warden,
to the Missouri Hunter Education Instructor's Association (MHEIA)
website. We hope that we can be helpful to you in providing information
about Missouri's hunter education program. On this website you will
find information on Missouri's hunter education requirements, hunter
orange requirements and how to replace a lost hunter education certification.
You can also find a link to statewide hunter education classes through
the Missouri Department of Conservation's website.
Be sure to check our Calendar for hunter education events.
Our Awards and Hall of Fame pages include the names of Missouri
instructors and supporters who have given of themselves to make
our state program a success. We appreciate the sincere dedication
of these many award winners.
MHEIA is the proud sponsor of the Missouri Youth Hunter Education
Challenge, including regional events and an annual state championship,
that allows hunter education graduates further their knowledge and
skills in hunting safety and conservation education.
Missouri Hunter Education Instructor’s Association
2013 Regional Instructor of the Year
St Louis Region; Stewart “Bill” Morton
Northeast Region; George Little, Sr
Kansas City Region; Ken Wallace
Central Region; Roger O. See
Southwest Region; George Bowden
Southwest Region; Connie Bowden
Ozark Region; David Grossman
Southeast Region; Duane Schwent
Southeast Region; Amy Schwent
Northwest Region; NONE
Friend(s) of MHEIA;
Ken Andersen Award; Ron Valleroy
Hall Of Fame: Peggy Ragland
Missouri Hunter Education Instructor’s Association Annual Gun Raffle Winners
- Mandy Totten, NE Region, Ruger 10/22 SS
- Paul Morber, Southern Illinois Ruger American 270
- Larry Harlan, NE Region, Remington 870 Express Super Mag 12 Ga
- Kim Ludwick, NE Region, Mossberg 500 All-Purpose 12 Ga
- John-Paul Fagot, Central Region, Remington 700 SPS 270
- Kim Fowler, Central Region, Remington 1187 Sportsman SM 12 Ga
- Brain Johnson, SE Region, Marlin 336W 30/30
- Vickie Shinneman, KC Region, Remington 770 Whitetail Pro 270
- Melvin Kern, SE Region, Thompson/Center Impact 50 Cal Muzzle Loader
- Linda Valleroy, SE Region, Remington 1187 Sportsman 12 Ga
- Jay Gott, KC Region, Remington White Tail Pro 30/06
- Jason Lockett, Central Region, Henry Golden Boy 22
- Steve Wade, SE Region, Mossberg 835 Ultra Mag 12 Ga
- Brian Byers, Ozark Region, Ruger American 7MM08
- Keith Sparkman, SE Region, Mossberg Mariner 12 Ga
- John Voglar, St Louis Region, Remington 870 Express 12 GA
- Spencer Kendall, St Louis Region, Remington 870 Nitro-Mag 12 Ga
- Daniel Monson, KC Region, Henry Blued 22
- Jeff Davis, Ozark Region, Savage 110 30/06 w/ Nikon Scope
- Dean Menard, SE Region, Ruger American 270
"You don't have to love change to be successful, but you need to be willing to accept it."
Photo Album of the Annual Conference
You can now read the newsletter online.
Click the link Below
All newsletters in .pdf format
Send your comments, concerns, and questions to
the Association Board of Directors. Email: email@example.com
Web Page Editor
NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Our next regular meeting date for MHEIA is scheduled for July 27th, 2014 at Bass Pro shops in Columbia, MO at 10:30AM
Hunter Education Requirement
Any person born
on or after January 1, 1967, shall obtain and display an approved
hunter education certificate card prior to purchase of any firearms
hunting permit, except that a Youth Deer and Turkey Hunting
Permit may be issued to any person 6 through 15 years old without
requiring display of a hunter education certificate card.
A Missouri Conservation Heritage Card with a
hunter education number is an acceptable Hunter Education Certificate
Card. The hunter education card need not be displayed if certification
can be verified through direct access to computer data files.
Hunter education certification shall be limited
to persons eleven (11) years of age or older.
The Missouri Conservation Heritage Card will
be issued as a replacement for lost or damaged hunter education
certificate cards (fee: two dollars - $2).
|| Hunter Orange
| The following
persons are required to wear a hat and also a shirt, vest or coat
of hunter orange so that the color is plainly visible from all
sides. Camouflage orange does not satisfy this requirement.
… firearms deer hunters during all five portions of the
firearms deer season.
… adults accompanying youths hunting deer on a Youth Deer & Turkey
… archery hunters during the youth portion statewide and
during the urban and antlerless portions in open counties.
… all hunters except migratory bird hunters during the
urban, youth, November and antlerless portions in open counties.
The following firearms deer hunters are exempt
from the hunter-orange requirement:
… hunters using archery methods within
municipal boundaries where discharge of firearms is prohibited.
… hunters on federal or state public hunting
areas where deer hunting is by archery methods only.
Lost Card Replacement
| Most Missouri
hunter education records were computerized beginning in 1982. It is
not possible to verify course completion prior to that date. To replace
a Missouri hunter education certificate, call the Missouri Department
of Conservation headquarters at
Regional offices are also able to issue replacement cards if you know
in which region you took your course.
The Regional Offices are:
St. Louis: 636-441-4554
Kansas City: 816-655-6250
West Central: 660-885-6981
East Central: 573-468-3335
In 1995, hunter education certification was issued on a Conservation
Heritage Card. The hunter education number appears in the lower left-hand
corner. This card may be replaced through any permit vendor, regional
office, or Department of Conservation headquarters for a replacement
fee of $2.00.